Join us for Jingle on Main 2014
Thursday, December 4
- Streets line with luminaries - in honor, in memory or as a Merry Christmas gift to loved ones. Luminaries are $10 each. Luminary form here
- Entertainment from local performers (school/dance/family groups - if your group is interested in participating, contact the Chamber at 599-8333)
- Photos with Santa - free (inside Carver Agency sponsored by PCC Alumni Partnership)
- Santa's Workshop - Where children make free ornaments (in front of Partnership for Children sponsored by the Partnership for Children)
- Horse-Drawn Wagon Rides - free (sponsored by the Person County Tourism Development Authority)
- Barrel Train Rides - free (sponsored by the Person County Tourism Development Authority)
- Art Reception at the Kirby Gallery - free exhibit of works by members of the Person County Art Guild and PCC art students
- Hot cocoa for sale by Merritt Commons and at local businesses
- Tree Lighting at Merritt Commons. Tree donated by Roxboro City Council.
- Free Movie at the Kirby
- Free, but canned food items and gently used coats for the Christian Help Center are appreciated.
Uptown businesses have been asked to stay open for your shopping enjoyment. In addition, some businesses will have food and beverages for sale.
For more information, please contact Beth at 322-2102 or Elizabeth.Townsend@piedmontcc.edu.
Jingle on Main
is sponsored by the Directors’ Roundtable, an organization representing: Kirby Cultural
Arts Complex, the Person County Museum, Person County
Public Library, Person
County Recreation, Art and Parks Department, Person County TDA, Person County
United Way, PCC, Roxboro Area Chamber of Commerce, Roxboro Area Merchants
Association, and the Senior Center.
Jingle on Main - 2013
A special thank you to everyone who joined us Uptown for Jingle on Main!
Luminaries in honor of, in memory of and as a Merry Christmas gifts lined the streets. Over $1,000 was raised to support the Kirby Rebirth: Upstairs-Uptown renovation project.
For a printable list of 2013 Luminaries, click here.