The PCC Foundation awards over 100 scholarships to deserving students each year. The Scholarship Program was established in 1981 by the children of R. D. Bumpass, the late Jane Carver Bumpass and the Cavel Division of Collins & Aikman Corporation. Through the benevolence of numerous corporations, businesses, civic organizations and individuals, the Scholarship Program continues to grow.
Applying for Scholarships
The PCC Foundation will accept scholarship applications beginning Wednesday, June 1. The deadline for application is Friday, July 8.
Helpful Hints When Completing a Foundation Scholarship Application:
Two letters of recommendation are required. These letters can be:
- Emailed to PCCFoundation@piedmontcc.edu
- Delivered the the PCC Foundation Office (Building A on the Person County Campus)
- Mailed to the PCC Foundation Office at P. O. Box 1101, Roxboro, NC 27573
- Make sure your transcripts (high school, any previous college and PCC) are on file. If you have copies, please provide to the PCC Foundation Office.
- Have a valid PCC Student ID #.
- Have a valid email (preferably your PCC email address) available at the time you apply. You will be notified through email!
- Complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) and have accurate financial information available when you apply.
For additional information, please contact the Foundation Office at (336) 599-1181, ext. 2105.
For other scholarship opportunities, it is recommended that students check their student e-mail on a weekly basis for updates. In addition, it is also suggested that students visit the PCC Financial Aid Office regularly and view the scholarship bulletin board in Student Services.
For details about PCC's tuition, click here!
Types of Scholarships
The Heritage Society, begun in 1982, is PCC’s endowed scholarship program. It consists of 57 endowed scholarships which form the core of the Foundation’s Scholarship program. The Heritage Society continues to grow because of the special donors who wish to provide educational opportunities for people in their community. Here is a list of endowed scholarships.
Endowments provide funds for a scholarship in perpetuity and require a minimum donation of $10,000 to create. This amount may be reached over a three (3) year period. Once the scholarship reaches permanent status, one year is needed to accumulate income sufficient to fund the scholarship award. Investment of the principal of each endowment shall be handled in accordance with the Foundation investment policies.
The Foundation currently has several one year scholarships available. This type of scholarship can be named for a business, organization or individual. These scholarships can be renewed each year with an additional donation. The minimum donation for a one year scholarship is $250. Here is a list of annual scholarships.
External scholarships become available during the year through PCC’s Financial Aid Office. Information about these scholarships are posted to the scholarship bulletin board in Student Services and also e-mailed to students with additional information.