Up to three students are selected to represent the college each year as Student Ambassadors. Students must be nominated by a faculty or staff member to be considered. In addition, their grade point average, leadership potential, and communication skills will be considered.
Learn more about Savannah Allen and Jennifer Tillman, the 2015-2016 Ambassadors by clicking here!
For their service to the college, the PCC Foundation will give each Ambassador the following:
- Scholarship in the amount of $2,000
- Two polo style shirts (one short sleeve and one long sleeve)
- Name tag
Some of the services the Ambassadors might provide include giving campus tours, hosting campus activities, recruiting students, speaking to community groups and agencies, assisting with Foundation activities, assisting with registration and orientation, assisting with student activities, and welcoming groups to the campus. Ambassadors would be expected to perform these services in both the day and evening hours.
Students will be nominated by faculty or staff. Nomination can include application by the student to a faculty or staff member. Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Cumulative 3.0 grade point average or above on at least 18 credit hours
- Students enrolling in 9 credit hours or more are eligible
- Good standing in the community and the institution
- Willingness to complete the academic year of their appointment
- Ability to complete the required number of service hours specified by the committee (3 to 5 hours per week)
- Must provide three reference letters (one must be from an instructor) if selected for an interview
- Successful interview with Selection Committee
- Willingness to complete the Ambassador Training course
The Selection Committee will consist of five to six faculty and/or staff members of Piedmont Community College. After nominations are received, the Selection Committee will screen the nominations for grades and other factors. The finalists will be interviewed by the Selection Committee.
The acceptance by a student for the Ambassador’s Program will supersede any other scholarship awarded by the Piedmont Community College Foundation for the same academic year.
Ambassadors will be excluded from further participation in the program if any of the following conditions occur:
- Seek nomination for or become an officer in another organized student group
- Enrolled in less than 9 credit hours
- Loss of good standing within the community or institution
- Cumulative grade point average of less than 3.0
- Failure to fulfill the standards of the program (including attending meetings, completing training class, and performing service hours)